10 tricks in the art of jhana
10 tricks in the art of jhana concentration:
1. Making the basis pure: Means clean body, clean room and clean morality.
2. Balanced abilities = Energy equals concentration. Faith equals understanding.
3. Skill in the sign: Any moment of absorption is remembered exactly for recollection.
4. One exerts the mind on all occasions, it advantageously should be pushed forth.
5. One controls the mind on all occasions, it advantageously should be held back.
6. One encourages mind on occasions it advantageously should be incited and cheered.
7. One observes the mind with calm equanimity, when things proceed appropriately.
8. One avoids all distracted, agitated, frantic, unconcentrated, and stressed persons.
9. One cultivates company with well focused, determined and concentrated persons.
10. One is resolutely determined upon that absorption level of jhana concentration.