Friendship Sangha of the Heart
Friendship Sangha of the Heart:
- Address: Unitarian Universalist Church of Ventura 5654 Ralston Street Ventura CA 93003
- Tradition: Mahayana, Thich Nhat Hanh
- Main Contact: Neal Ortenberg (Phone: 805 368 9835)
- Notes and Events:
Evening Meditation Every Monday 7:00 - 8:45 pm
The Friendship Sangha of the Heart began practicing in 1997 and is inspired by the contemporaryand timeless teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh with emphasis on mindfulness practice.
Each evening includes sitting meditation, walking meditation, dharma readings, and dharma sharing with the following special activities each month.
- First Monday of the Month: Recitation and meditation on the Five Mindfulness Trainings (FIve Precepts).
- Second Monday of the Month: Introduction to Meditation at 6:30 before the 7pm meditation practice.
- Fifth Monday of the Month (once each season): Silent vegitarian potluck meal at 6:00 before the 7pm meditation practice.