Gokoku-ji (護国寺, Gokoku-ji?) is a Shingon Buddhist temple in Tokyo's Bunkyō. It was established by the mother of the Shogun Tokugawa Tsunayoshi.
In 1873, Emperor Meiji declared Gokoku-ji the Imperial mausoleum and several of his children are buried there, as well as Emperor Meiji himself. It remains the Imperial mausoleum today.
Gokoku-ji is also famous as the central temple that oversees the practice of Japanese tea ceremony in all the country's temples.