Dhamma Wheel is a Buddhist online forum, specializing in the early teachings of Buddhism, i.e., Theravada.
It was created on December 30, 2008 by Dr. David Snyder and Paul Davy. It is the main discussion area for the articles in this Dhamma Encyclopedia (Dhamma Wiki). It also is a place to discuss any other aspect of the Dhamma or for Buddhism in general. It is currently the largest, most visited Buddhist discussion forum on the internet.
Dhamma Wheel milestones
- January 2009: Over 100 members and over 2,000 posts in the first two weeks of operation.
- March 2009: DhammaWheel.com, the online Theravada Buddhist forum and discussion for Dhamma Wiki reaches over 10,000 posts.
- April 2009: Due to the success of the Dhamma Wheel forum, a sister website is created for the discussion of Mahayana Buddhism, DharmaWheel.net
- May 2009: DhammaWheel.com reaches a web traffic ranking of 750,607 out of over 200 million websites, placing it in the top 0.4% of all websites.
- December 2009: DhammaWheel.com reaches a web traffic ranking of 511,353 out of over 200 million websites, placing it in the top 0.25% of all websites. And it reaches a ranking in the top 100,000 of all sites in the U.S.
- December 24, 2009: Dhamma Wheel attains over 1,000 members.
- November 2010: Dhamma Wheel reaches over 100,000 posts.
- March 2011: DhammaWheel.com reaches a web traffic ranking of 248,400 out of over 250 million websites, placing it in the top 0.1% of all websites. And it reaches a ranking in the top 50,000 of all sites in the U.S.
Link to the forum
The administrators and moderators for Dhamma Wheel:
- David N. Snyder "DNS", Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A.
- Paul "retrofuturist", Melbourne, Australia
- Mike, New Zealand
- SDC, U.S.A.
- Nevin "Bodom", San Antonio, Texas, U.S.A.
Founding Members / former moderators:
- Bhante Dhammanando, Wat Pa Sahadhammikaram, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Ben, Australia
- Chris "cooran", Queensland, Australia
- Khalil Bodhi (Mike), New York, U.S.A.
- daverupa, U.S.A.
- James Brand, Eagle River, Alaska, U.S.A.
James Brand (1976 - 2010) passed away at the young age of 34 on August 30, 2010. He was a beacon of light to Dhamma Wheel and his family. He will be missed. May he be well, happy, and peaceful.